Sriracha Teriyaki Pork Stir Fry


I love a good meal that makes me feel like a rockstar.  This one does just that.  

First, let me confess ... I only recently found, (and quickly fell in love with) Sriracha.  Please don't run away - I hope I haven't scared you off.  The reason I am just finding this glorious chili sauce is because the few plates I've tried at restaurants used WAY too much and it was so overpowering, I was completely turned off. 

And then I started reading the Chrissy Teagan cookbooks, and I thought I would need to give the Sriracha a final shot at impressing me.

Thank you Chrissy for the inspiration ... it led me to create this masterpiece.

Let's jump in! 

It all starts with a marinade.


My local store carries this great value pack - it's about 1/4 thick boneless pork chops.
You'll also need:
lemon juice
ginger (I prefer ginger paste because it's a great store short cut)
1 bulb of garlic minced
Teriyaki sauce
1 white onion, chopped
Sriracha


If I could incorporate garlic into every dish, I would .... but I digress.  Chop up all your garlic and set aside.

Grab a gallon-sized Ziplock bag.
Slice your pork in bite sized pieces and add to your bag.


Now, add your minced garlic, ginger paste, (or fresh), and add about 1/2 to 3/4 of the bottle of Teriyaki.  Remember: we are marinading this for at least 4-6 hours - that Teriyaki will help soak into the pork and make it tender.


Squeeze in your lemon juice.


And then comes our star ... the Sriracha.  I am not quite sure on the exact amount I use, but I squeeze enough in to give everything a nice reddish hue.  


And now we seal up our Ziplock and mush with your hands to ensure everything is coated. 

Place this bag in the fridge for at least 4-6 hours.


When you are ready to cook, make a batch of Minute Rice - I used white rice, but brown rice or quinoa would also be great.  Make your batch and set aside.

First, grab a large skillet.  I love my Chrissy Teagan Cravings Collection pans from Target - I use the large cast iron for most dishes.

Add a little oil and then drop in your chopped white onion.  We want the edges to get a little color before we add the goods.


Once your onion is soft and looking fabulous, grab your marinade bag and literally dump everything in.


Cook over high heat until it is cooked through and the liquid has pretty much evaporated.

**Optional add in's:
Some great add in's I like to use are
diced pineapple
water chestnuts
peanuts
green bell peppers

Once cooked through, all you need to do is serve this deliciousness up!


I also like to sprinkle on green onions for some added taste, like below.


And there you have it, my friends ... a sweet, yet spicy meal that you can make at home and feel like an absolute rockstar.  You. Are. Welcome.

Cheers!


Comments