Keto Shrimp & Bacon 'Pasta'


When you are working on cutting carbs, or going Keto, Zoodles are a fantastic, (and easy!) alternative to pasta.  Let me tell you this ... I am a pasta-loving woman.  Always have been and always will be.  However, when I'm eating Keto and cutting carbs, my go-to is zoodles. 

If you aren't a zucchini person, (trust me, I wasn't really into zucchini before Keto), you have to at least give it a try.  Trust me. 


Start out by cooking bacon.  I cut mine prior to cooking to make it easier to have real bacon-bites. 


I love keeping pre-cooked, frozen shrimp in the freezer for a quick meal.  If you have fresh - by all means; use that.  I saute mine with freshly diced garlic and olive oil in a skillet. 


Now it's time for the ZOODLES!!  Grab a spiralizer and cut the ends of a medium sized zucchini.  Then spiralize completely.  You could eat them raw of course, however I like to give mine the 'texture' of pasta, so saute is the way to go. 



I tossed my spiralized zucchini in on top of my shrimp into the skillet.  Add some salt and pepper and begin to toss around until the zoodles start to soften. 


Once heated through ... plate up!  For added heat, add some crushed red pepper flakes.  For added yumminess, (is yumminess a word?), I like to add parmesan cheese. 


And there you have it ... my Keto version of my favorite pasta.  You can add some cherry tomatoes for some extra freshness, and even some heavy cream to the skillet if you would rather have a creamy sauce.  Either way - you won't miss the pasta. 

Cheers!!

Comments

Post a Comment

What did you think of this recipe?