Keto Nachos


I don't know about you, but I cannot survive without nachos in my life.  Looking for ways to create yummy nachos without the carbs in tortillas, chips, or other additions, I had to find something new. 

During my trip through the produce section of the grocery store, I came across these mini bell peppers.  I instantly knew I needed to make nachos with them.


These mini peppers are so intriguing to me because you could use them as vessels for stuffed pepper bites, great appetizers, and so much more!  I had to go with my first instinct of nachos. 


I then found my next inspiration ..... pork carnitas!  Found these by the pre-packaged foods, I thought this would take the place of regular 'ol ground beef in my nachos.  Why not make them carnita nachos?  I love making my own homemade, but working a 9-5 and still trying to get in good meals for my family sometimes ends up with looking for great store shortcuts.  All I needed to do was prep my veggies and heat through my carnitas.  BOOM. 



I sliced the peppers in half and removed the seeds.  Now the creativity can begin.  Filling them up! 


The heated carnitas go in first. 


I then added shredded lettuce, cheese, diced tomatoes & onions.  You can literally add any toppings you'd like to these nachos, but aside from some of my favorite hot sauce, I let them be like this.



Cutting unnecessary carbs can lead to new surprises with food.  I can tell you, as a self-confessed nacho lover .... I didn't miss the carbs from chips or tortillas.  These would make a great appetizer for guests, or that quick and easy dinner. 

Cheers!

Comments