Keto Chicken Philly Melt


I have to say ... my husband isn't one to necessarily fall in love with my full Keto dinners, but this dinner ... he requested to have it more often.  Yummy, easy, and a total crowd pleaser. Another fantastic dinner where you don't even miss the carbs.  #MomWin


Whenever I do a meal that I need thinly sliced meat, I place in the freezer in order to get my knife to cut it into thin slices.  You don't want to freeze it, but get it cold enough to slice thin.  I put 2 chicken breasts into the freezer for approximately 30 minutes, then thinly sliced and set aside.


Next I wanted the true taste profile of the classic philly cheesesteak.  I grabbed green bell pepper, white onion and garlic.  Are there any meals that aren't better if you include garlic?  Maybe some, but I'm a true garlic believer. 


Start by searing the chicken with salt and pepper.  It won't take long to cook because you sliced the chicken so thinly. 


I then added in the onions, pepper, and garlic and added Worcestershire Sauce to give a deeper flavor.  I sauteed this mixture until the onions and peppers were just starting to sweat. 


Next I added shredded provolone cheese to the top, turned the heat down to low and placed a lid on my skillet.  This allows the cheese to melt slowly and evenly over the entire mixture.  Such a beautiful sight. 


At this point, you can serve, or if you want some heat - add some crushed red pepper flakes.  Perfection.



This meal was absolutely delicious and one my husband makes sure gets into our rotation of weekly meals.  You can sub steak for chicken, and even put together some different flavor combinations to create the 'melt' of your choice.  This one just happens to be ours.  And yet another meal in which I don't even notice the carbs missing from the bread.  #TotalMomWin

Cheers!

Comments

Post a Comment

What did you think of this recipe?