Keto Chili


Comfort food has so many good uses ... to cheer you up, to warm you up, to make it feel like home, and of course ... to feel like you can snuggle all day long. 

Comfort food for me includes so many foods that are rich in carbs and lots of calories.  Which, in moderation, aren't awful.  But when you want the comfort food without the guilt, you really can find it.  Chili for me is one of my favorite winter meals.  It's filled with beans and if I want to avoid carbs, I need to cut them out and really try to add in more fat.  I know, I know .... we are taught that the word 'fat' is bad.  But with Keto, you can actually do well if you stick to Low Carb; High Fat.  Your body begins to recognize fat as fuel, and therefore starts to BURN the fuel, (fuel = fat) and this, my friends, is where Keto kicks in.  You train your body to feed off the fat you are eating, instead of the carbs it's hidden away. 

For now ... let's get down to the Keto Chili. 


You need to be able to grab the good ingredients and keep out the beans.  Bacon adds flavor and also adds the delicious. 



Start off with the best ingredients .... diced garlic, onion and green pepper.  Saute until softened, then add in the proteins.


Add in your ground beef, and diced bacon.  Salt and pepper to taste, and cook until browned.


Once browned, it's time to add in the rest of the goodies. 



I added 1 cup beef stock, 1 can (no sugar added) crushed tomatoes, and chili seasoning.  To make sure my consistency was right I added in some water until it was where I wanted it.


Simmer on low for approximately 30 minutes, covered. 


I then added shredded cheese and sour cream to top it off, but of course any of your favorite toppings can, and should be, used. 

A delicious pot of comfort chili without the guilt.  That's what I call COMFORT.

Cheers!!


Comments