Parmesan Zucchini Chips


It’s August, which means the heat is just going to keep on raining down on us for a little bit.  I don’t know about all of you, but I, for one, hate to be hot and full after eating a meal.  As much as I love my comfort foods, I still have to have some yummy snacks that I can munch on while not having the guilt and the full belly. 


These Parmesan Zucchini Chips are a perfect solution for all of this.  An easy snack to make up and easy to have ready for guests for a fabulous appetizer.  I like being able to use this recipe too because it seems fancy, but it’s super easy, that you will get all the kudos and not feel like you spent forever cooking something. 



You can also use anything you’d like to dip these yummy chips in.  I decided to make up a quick black bean and corn salsa, (a.k.a. pico de gallo), to just put on top of each one for a cool and flavorful bite.  I also like to serve these with simply Ranch dressing, even greek yogurt makes a perfect dip! 



All we need for these are:

·         1-2 zucchinis, cut into thin slices

·         Drizzles of olive oil

·         ½ cup bread crumbs

·         1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

·         Salt and pepper to taste



Start off by slicing your zucchini into thin circles.  Set in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with Olive Oil.  You just want enough to coat all your slices. 




Preheat the oven to 425 and get a non-stick baking sheet, Silpat, or spray a cookie sheet pan. 



Take your zucchini slices and toss in the Olive Oil.  Next, take a flat bowl or large plate and pile in your bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.  I also like to toss in a little garlic powder or salt for a little bit of added flavor.  Want them spicy?  Add in crushed red pepper flakes. 





Grab each slice and then place into your mixed coating and then lay out on your baking sheet.  Continue to coat each zucchini slice and place on your baking sheet until your sheet is full.  I do about 2 batches when I make these, simply because that’s as much as I can fit into the oven. 




Bake these for 20-25 minutes and then allow to cool on a baking rack.  While these are cooling, go ahead and mix up your dipping sauce.  I used pico de gallo and added in some black beans and corn so I would have a nice salsa to top each one.  However, the dip is all dependent on what you feel like. 





Serve on a large platter, or even place in a Ziplock bag to store them.  They are a great snack to have on hand and even the kids can enjoy these. 




Next time you are looking for a light and quick snack or appetizer, try these Parmesan Zucchini Chips! 

Comments