Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs



You've been following along on my new journey ... here is another easy, affordable and balanced meal for dinner to help you stick to your happy, healthy eating plan.  Kabobs are so easy and can easily be changed up depending on either what ingredients you have on hand or how you want to eat that day.

From meat to seafood to vegetarian ... the options to put on a stick are endless.

Prep is also really easy.  You can make these ahead and really save on time in the kitchen.  This point alone makes it a great weeknight meal.  Another plus is if you have picky eaters in your home, (definitely me!) you can easily set this up to their tastes.  

So let's dig in ... like I said - options are endless, so this is just the combination I made today.


Assembly line.  I can't stress this enough.  You want to set up your assembly line with your ingredients: this way you just have to take your skewer and place your cuts on.

I used 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts trimmed and cut into 1" pieces.  1 green bell pepper cut into pieces, 1 white onion cut into pieces and 1 can of Pineapple chunks.

Start putting together your kabobs as you like.



Have a tray or plate set aside to put them in while you assemble all of them.  Keep going until you have run out of ingredients.  I was able to make almost 20 kabobs.  



Once you have them all you want to add some flavor.  I chose Teriyaki as that is what I happened to have in my pantry.  I drizzled this on the top with the juice of half a lemon.

This is why I said you can make these ahead of time.  You can do this the night before or even first thing in the morning.  Wrap and place in the fridge to marinate.  You can marinate up to 24 hours before.

When ready to cook remove from the fridge and get your grill top ready.

It is still winter time here so today I used my indoor grill to cook these, but they are just as good, (if not better on the outdoor grill).



Allow your grill to get nice and hot and then place on top.  Cook evenly for about 3 minutes per side.  Flip around as they begin to cook to get even grilling all around.



Keep turning until the kabobs are looking amazing!  The beautiful grill marks, the charred edges ... perfection.



And here we go ... our final result.  Perfect, grilled, juicy chicken kabobs.  

For a great side I made up a batch of some long grain wild rice - my favorite.



Serve up the kabobs on top of a bed of rice ... and await the ooh's and ahh's.  


Eating well can be easy and affordable.  Don't let it feel like you are cheating yourself because in all honesty, if you do it right - you won't even miss a huge meal that you will regret the next day.

Share your kabob recipes below!

Cheers!
~Jacqui

Total cost of meal: $7.00 
Serves 4 - Cost per serving: $1.75

Comments