Turkey Quesadillas with Cranberry Sauce


 The holidays can really be a magical time and food is a big part of that.  I love the holidays for many reasons; one of which is spending so much time with my family and those I love.

After the holidays are over, the guests have gone home and the trash from all the opened gifts is put out on the curb the challenge always comes from what to do with all the leftovers you have.  

I'm sure I'm not alone in saying after the holidays I focus on eating a much healthier meal plan.  I scale down my meals, work on cutting carbs and look for better ways to eat for myself and my family.

This is a very easy meal you can make for lunch or dinner.  Not only is it easy but you can feel good about eating those leftovers.


 Take 1 cup of leftover turkey and shred.  Grab 1/4 cup of your favorite shredded cheese blend and some leftover whole cranberry sauce.  


 Heat up your grill top, (or non-stick skillet if you don't have an indoor grill) and place a tortilla on.  Allow it to warm slightly and then sprinkle on half of your cheese.


 Add your shredded turkey and then top with the remaining cheese.  I do the cheese on the top and the bottom because it acts like glue to hold your quesadilla together.  


Fold over and don't move it - allowing it to crisp up nicely on one side.  When it's ready, flip and cook on the remaining side.


Then you can pull off, cut into 4 pieces and serve with 2 tablespoons of your whole cranberry sauce.  

Just like with your holiday dinner, the cranberry sauce is the perfect addition to this and much better than using sour cream.  


Start off your year right by eating better and paying attention to what you are feeding the kids.  Even my toddler loves these quesadillas - to her it's the perfect finger food!

Enjoy and have fun with your food!

Cheers,
~Jacqui 

Comments