Velata Caramel Apple Bites

Is it Fall yet?!
I am ready for Halloween parties, office parties, get together's at our house and more!  I don't know about you guys but I just LOVE a good caramel apple.  However .... they are so hard to actually EAT.  So what's a solution for the caramel apple?  Make Caramel Apple Bites!

Ingenious!  And what easier way to make yummy chocolate treats than by using Velata?

We just need some yummy Velata to get started and I used the Caramel Milk Chocolate.  You will also need:
  • 4 Granny Smith Apples
  • Toothpicks
  • Parchment/Wax Paper
  • 1 Bag Velata Caramel Milk Chocolate
  • Velata Warmer
Start off by taking your bag of yummy Velata and putting in the microwave for 1 minute.  Open the pour spout on the end and pour into your Velata warmer.

Turn the dial on to Medium and stir.  This will keep your chocolate warming at the perfect consistency so while you are getting your apples ready and dipping you don't have to worry about burned chocolate or lumps.  Seriously - I've never made chocolate treats easier than with Velata.

Delicious as it is, I held the temptation of eating and tried to distract myself with dicing up the apples.  

Wash your apples and cut off larger pieces.  Then cut into smaller, bite-size pieces.

You could use bigger pieces if you'd like but I wanted mine party-size so I did bite-size pieces.  This way my guests get the perfect caramel apple taste in each and every bite!

This is where it gets super easy.  Put a toothpick in the end of the apple bites.  Lay out a large piece of parchment/wax paper.


You can enlist the help of the kids on this as well!  Start dipping those apple bites and do your best to not eat them.  (this is the hardest part of the whole recipe - will power)

Keep dipping away and laying out on your parchment paper. 

By using one bag of Velata chocolate I was able to do 4 Granny Smith Apples.  To serve more, just grab another bag of Velata and more apples.  Don't they look delicious?!

Place in the freezer to set.  I had to work the next day so I did this for my party the night before.  I dipped all the apples and put them in the freezer overnight.  The next day they were perfectly set!

And there you go - perfect caramel apple bites!  Great Halloween party food, school parties or a casual dinner at home.

Discover more recipes that you can do with Velata by contacting me or visiting my website:

You can also follow me along on Facebook as every Tuesday is Tasty Tuesday where I share a fun and easy Velata recipe!


~Cheers!
Jacqui

Total Cost: $9.00 (apples, 1 bag of Velata and toothpicks)

Comments