Ranch Chicken Salad Wrap

Technically we are getting into the Fall season, but in my neck of the woods it still feels like late Summer.  I am on the edge of my seat to start pulling out my Fall recipes, but getting my fill of all my Summer dinners while I still can.

I love a light dinner, not only so that I am eating better and so is my family - but it's also a lot easier on the clean up afterwards.  For me that's a double win.

Closing out our weekend I wanted something light but easy so that I could sit back, relax and enjoy the last evening before a busy work week.

Wraps are so easy and so nice because you can put almost anything you want in them.  Tonight we chose to do a ranch chicken breast salad wrap.

We start out with some fairly easy ingredients:
  • Large tortillas (I used a Sun Dried Tomato flavored tortilla)
  • 2 Chicken Breasts
  • 1 Bunch of Cilantro (optional)
  • Romaine lettuce torn into pieces
  • Ranch dressing
  • Shredded Cheese
The only thing we really need to cook tonight is the chicken breasts.

I split mine and then seasoned.  Sauteed in extra virgin olive oil and then set aside to rest.

Next I cut up the cilantro.  Truly optional here - I happen to love Cilantro, but my husband isn't that big of a fan so I didn't use much but still wanted a little bite in my lettuce.  

In a large bowl I mixed my lettuce, Cilantro and about 1/4 cup of Ranch dressing.  Combine until all the lettuce is coated.

I simply sliced my chicken breasts into bite sized pieces.

Now it's time for assembly!!

Pretty easy from this point out.  Lay out some lettuce in the middle of the tortilla.

Top with a little shredded cheese. Life is always a little better with some cheese.  That's my motto and I'm sticking to it.  


The last step is wrapping it up.  All a matter of preference here.  Use your own style of wrapping - my only suggestion is to tuck in the bottom so that your filling doesn't fall out the bottom.  No one wants to eat a wrap only to have it filled up on your plate.


Stick a toothpick in to hold together and there you have it.  Of course you can have a side dish of anything, we chose to just eat the wraps tonight.  A really light meal but perfect portion.  

So here is my perspective before devouring my wrap.  Delicious.  I could seriously eat these almost every night of the week.  I think I would burn my husband out on wraps if I did that.  But it would be yummy.  

Perfect dinner for any night of week.  So mix it up and wrap up something unique in your home for your family.

~Cheers!
Jacqui

Total Cost: $10.00  - Servings: 3 - Cost per Serving: $3.33

Comments