French Dip Crescents!

If you know me ... I'm a BIG Pinterest fan.  Okay ... some would say addict, I like to call myself an avid Pinterest enthusiast.  This weekend I made sure I did a really good sweep of recipes and came across one that we just had to try.

 A really great meal that was easy to make and great for the budget.  I think this would also be a great idea for guests next time you have a get together.  Something different and fun. 

So what all does it take to throw these together? 

  • Crescent rolls
  • Swiss cheese
  • One onion
  • Sliced Roast Beef
  • Au Jus gravy
First I added caramelized onions.  This is my little way of pushing this recipe up just a little.  To caramelize the onions, slice and saute with about a teaspoon of sugar until nice and golden brown in color.  I was thinking this would put a nice flavor twist with the roast beef.  This thinking was spot on.

Then you simply want to assemble.  Roll out your crescent roll dough into triangles.  Tear off the roast beef, layer with onions and swiss cheese.  Then you are just going to roll up into crescents.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes or until the crescent crust is perfect in color.  Allow to cool, (if you can) for about 5 minutes.  Then serve with a side of Au Jus gravy.  (simply make the gravy according to the package: 2 cups of water and contents of the gravy package)

You can see the best part of it all ... the ooey-gooey cheese that oozes out from the crescents.  Served up with gravy and a side of your choice.  I promise you will want to make this again and again!

Cheers!
~Jacqui











Comments