Caramel Cookie Cake

Every so often you need to have a sweet tooth fix.  A birthday is the perfect excuse to have that sweet tooth fix.  My son is turning 11, so I wanted to make him a cake for our family celebration dinner.  I always give the kids the choice of dinner and their cake on their birthday and for my son this was no exception. 

I sat him down and asked him what he wanted.  Cake, cheesecake, cupcakes ... before I could give another option he hollered out, "cookie cake!"  So I set off to the store to gather my ingredients. 

 The ingredients are fairly easy.  I took the store shortcut and bought the pre-made refrigerated cookie dough.  This is a 2lb package to make the cake. 
  • Cookie dough
  • Caramel topping
  • Icing (optional)
  • Cooking spray
For as yummy as this dessert looks it is so simple.  I should start making this more often, that's how easy it is.

Spray the baking dish with cooking spray and spoon in the cookie dough.  You want a nice, even layer all across the pan.  Then, place in the oven at 350 degrees for 14-17 minutes until it is set. 

Remove from the oven and allow to cool. 

It took a whole lot of willpower to not start digging in at this stage.  I would like to say I'm pretty proud of the fact that I held out. 


Now we bring it up one more notch.  Start drizzling the caramel topping all over the cookie cake.  You could stop right here at this point and serve with ice cream.  However ... since this is a birthday cake I had to decorate it so it was perfect for the candles. 

I took cream cheese icing and placed in a Ziplock bag and pushed it into a corner. 

Then snip off the corner and decorate.  In this case I did a big "11" on the cake.  My son was so happy and excited he could hardly wait until after dinner to dig in. 

This simple and easy recipe was a huge success!  I will be doing different variations on this cookie cake.  Follow along or leave your comments.  What would YOU ad? 

Cheers!
~Jacqui













Comments