Tuna Patties : Fun Alerternative to Dinner

So we have all had tuna patties at some point in our lives.  At least I'm pretty sure we have.  From tuna melts, tuna salad, it's only natural to make tuna patties.  I myself like to mix up the normal weeknight menu in our house, and this week I threw in a curve ball and did my tuna patties. 

Creating a tuna patty is easy:
  • Tuna in spring water (2-3 cans depending on how many patties you want to make - 2-3 will be enough for about 8 patties)
  • Fresh parsley, finely chopped
  •  Lemon zest
  • Dijon Mustard (about 2-3 tablespoons to taste)
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Bread Crumbs - 1 cup
  • Onion Powder - 2 teaspoons
Mix all your ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.




Then you simply form into patties ...




Add some oil to a skillet and heat.  Then place your patties in and fry until golden brown on both sides.  A good side dish for tuna patties is a spring salad, mac & cheese, (a favorite for the kids) or potato salad.  I like eating mine in the patty form with fresh lemon squeezed over top.


My finance however must have anything in patty form on a bun.  So his are served on a hamburger bun with more Dijon Mustard.  ;)




Enjoy and have fun with something quick, easy and different for dinner!

Cheers!
~Jacqui

Comments