Copy Cat Garlic Pizza Bread

So I don't know about you guys ... but I am one of those home cooks who when we go out or order dinner, I'm thinking to myself, "how can I make this at home?"  I won't call out the national pizza chain by name, but let's just say, I'm sure you've seen the commercials. 

Tonight I wanted an easy dinner and of course, one that wouldn't break the bank.  I happened to catch a commercial today from this un-named pizza chain and thought ... tonight's the night to try it. 

So, for only $6.50 and 3 ingredients (basically) I recreated what I saw.  This makes 4 servings, although tonight since it was just me and my finance we only made two servings.  Break it down to the 4 servings - you got it: $1.63 a plate.  Not too shabby. 

Start with the basics: three ingredients: Garlic Toast, shredded mozzerella cheese and pepperoni.

Start by putting your garlic bread in the oven according to the box directions for about 4-5 minutes in order to soften the bread and partially heat through. 





Once they are partially cooked, then take out of the oven and add your pizza toppings.  In our choice tonight it was pepperoni and cheese.  There are SO many possibilities here, I won't even attempt to list them, but you get the idea. 

First I added the pepperoni ...




Pile as much as you want on there.  Go to town.  Now ... the cheese ...




On top of all this I sprinkled a little garlic salt and red pepper flakes.  Then, placed in the oven on broil - low setting.  Crack your oven door open while broiling so you can keep an eye on it - I wanted to cook just until my cheese was golden brown.




These are my garlic pizza breads straight out of the oven.  YUM.  These are a perfect, quick, inexpensive dinner that is a great alternative to a huge pizza.  Even great for a snack for the kids!  Can't wait to have my older kids try them ... they will be in love!

Tonight we paired these with what my fiance will eat for a salad: fresh veggies.  ;) 





This was a fun dinner that we will be making time and time again!!  Try for yourself ... send me/comment on what you try - I'd LOVE to see what other toppings and creations you all can come up with!!  Add me on Google+ or subscribe to this blog to get more updates and to send me your fun ideas!

~Cheers!!


Comments