It's been awhile, but she's back on track ....

It has been quite some time since I wrote a post - I'm almost ashamed at the length of time that its been since I uploaded here.  Not to worry however, this girl is making a come back.  While work has gotten busier and that also means that things at home have had to kick it up notch just to keep track with me.  I have been doing my weekly meal plans but have found that it tends to be a more hurried version of my normal self in the kitchen.  I guess, just like anything in else in life you need to be reminded to stop, stand back and smell the roses (garlic). 

Planning meals for my family is something I enjoy.  Cooking at the end of a long, hard, stressful day at work can do wonders for my soul.  I guess that's a good thing; there could be much worse things to use as a stress reliever....

Over the course of the last week I have been reminded that I need to get back to myself and back to what makes me, me.  One of the things that accomplishes this  is my cooking.  This week I have tried to out do myself with my weekly meal plan.  This is what is on my agenda:

  • Classic pot roast with roasted vegetables
  • Campfire Chili with homemade sweet cornbread
  • Spinach stuffed cheesy manicotti
  • Crispy taco salad tostadas with homemade guacamole and black beans
  • Spooky "Munster" grilled cheese and creamy tomato soup and homemade croutons
  • Chicken paella sandwiches with french fries
The weather is getting cooler so I am starting to pull out my fall recipe collection.  I love when this time of year rolls around because it really is my forte.  This is the season in which I come alive.  Cooking, baking, dinner parties, holiday dinners, you name it - I'm all about it this season.

Feel free to come along with me on my journey.  I'm sure that not only will I help you with family meals, but along the way I'm hoping to discover uncharted territory and do some recipes that have intimidated me and somehow alluded me all these years.  Share along with me some of your favorites.  As they always say (and what I love to say) food brings us together in a way nothing else can or ever will.

Salude!





Comments