Chicken & Veggie Pasta Alfredo

We are inching towards Fall which to me, means it's time to start breaking out the comforting recipes.  Ahhh ... just the thought of lighting a fire in the fire place and having some delicious food to eat around it ... I simply LOVE this time of year. 

Since I have already starting writing various new recipes for this upcoming season, I thought I'd do a quick and easy one this week for dinner.  Let me just say now: this one hit on all levels.  Comfort - check.  Creamy pasta - check.  Easy and quick to make - check.  Loved by everyone - BIG CHECK.  I think that I had a whole 5 minutes before a word was even uttered.  And to all those out there that know what I'm talking about ... you know it's a good meal when they don't talk. 

So let's get down to bare bones here: here is the quick and easy way to please your family this week.


Take 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and cut into cubes.  Set aside for now.  Take one red bell pepper, one white onion, a handful of some delicious baby portabella mushrooms (my favorite) and cut into small pieces.  Next take 2 cloves of garlic and mince.  Heat your skillet with some olive oil and when it's nice and hot toss in your veggies. 

The inspiration for this dish actually came directly from my trip to the Farmer's Market this week.  I found the mushrooms, pasta, garlic and bell pepper.  I knew I had chicken breasts at home in the freezer - and poof!  This delicious meal was created.

You want to saute your veggies but not for too long - I myself like a little bite to them.  Once those are done, set aside.




Next you want to add your diced chicken to the skillet.  I added some seasoning: Italian seasoning, garlic salt and oregano.  Cook until your chicken is cooked all the way through.  NO PINK.

 Next get your pasta ready.  Cook until it is al dente.  In this recipe I used Rotini, simply because that's what caught my eye at the market.  Feel free to use whatever you may have on hand or whatever you may prefer. 

Now come the fun part.  I took a shortcut here and actually used some local Alfredo sauce from Jasper's here in Kansas City.  Jasper's is a GREAT Italian restaurant and I just love their sauce.  Once I drained the pasta I added the sauce then all my yummy veggies.  Combine together and serve with some Parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top.  De-lic-ous!



I promise you, your family will love this and so will you because it's so quick and easy.  This recipe is also available on my new website, ...home for dinner... so make sure you check it out.  The site is still in progress but it will eventually showcase all my recipes along with fun craft projects, ideas, photography and more as the fan base grows.  Make sure you add it to your favorites and you can 'Like' it to add it to your Facebook to stay caught up on all that's going on.  Let me just say - this is my favorite time of year and I have so much in store I don't want you to miss out, so check it out!  Until then .... thank you for reading my lovely blog and I hope you follow me on my new journey.

Cheers!










Comments