Calling It What It Really Is

So while the majority of us are busy planning for this lovely holiday weekend, I now have my sights set on the upcoming season: fall.  I am such a huge fan of this season, I cannot even put it into words.  Not only do you have the fun of the great holidays, but the city I live in has great activities starting this month all the way through the first of the year.  Plus the food.  I mean, come on now.  This time of year, even the most novice of home cooks go out and try their hand at a new recipe for dinner party, holiday dinner or even to impress new in-laws.  Everyone at some point during this last part of the year is trying their hand in some way at some recipe.  I want to show you how to achieve the highest honor from those who will taste your food.  I want the people who taste what you are giving them to go home that evening and as they are laying in bed will think to themselves, "wow - that was really good."  Because in all honesty, that is the utmost compliment a home cook can really get.  

I know that it's only the beginning of September, but today I'm calling it what it really is: the beginning of the holiday season.  This is the final recognized weekend of summer and gives us the last hoorah as it walks out the door.  I plan on really showing you what beauties this time of year can give you.  From pumpkin patches and Halloween, through Thanksgiving and family mealtimes all the way to the grand-daddy of them all: Christmas.   Complete with food, tips and crafts that will keep you busy at every turn.  I want you to experience this time of year through my eyes and my wonderful rose-colored glasses.  

Get ready.  Get set.  And for now ... 

Cheers. 

Comments