Honey Mustard Pork Chops

Another easy, quick meal that cost me very little to put on my dinner table.  I have two versions of my pork chops: baked and fried.  This one ... I will admit ... I went the not-as-healthy route.  I promise ... tomorrow I will. 

Pork chops tend to be a staple in my home because my local Hy-Vee has an amazing meat department that has a great sale on pork loin chops - 10 for $10.  Then I hit up my local Farmer's Market at my work.  Each week we have a Farmer's Market that I just love.  I strongly suggest finding one by you - this is where I find weekly inspiration and of course, good value from local farmers.  My trip this week gave me fresh corn and fingerling potatoes.  Of course I had to work them into my meal. 

First, I took the pork chops and pounded out slightly with my mallet.  Then, coat in Honey Mustard Dressing and then coat with flour, yellow corn meal and some crushed Ritz crackers.  coating in Honey Mustard instead of egg gives this a nice little twist to my flavor profile.

Prepare your corn in your favorite way ... I actually cut the kernels off the cobs and then cooked over low heat in a saucepan with some butter.  My potatoes I simply diced up and placed in a greased baking dish and coated with Canola oil, garlic salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.  I cooked them in the oven at 450 degrees until crisp.

Pour Vegetable Oil, (veg oil heats to a higher temp and is better for frying) in a deep skillet.  Allow to come to heat, then place your coated pork chops in.  Cook over medium heat to let them cook through but not burn the outside. 

Then serve all together ...

Here you can get a little creative.  I could have created a nice pan sauce with some Honey Mustard, flour, chopped onions and stock ... however I didn't and opted to simply top with a drizzle of Honey Mustard.  Simple.  Quick.  Yummy.

For my entire meal - I paid $10, (not counting the flour and corn meal) ... this serves four people, making this dish only $2.50/plate.  Not bad.  I was able to take my pork chops to a different taste with just making a slight change with Honey Mustard.  I will tell you the above plate was completely empty from all food by the time dinner was over. 

As I said before, you could do this dish a little different and bake the pork chops, rather than fry.  I would suggest baking them at 375 for about 20 minutes, (or until chops are cooked all the way through).  This would make the recipe a little bit more heart healthy.  Either way is delicious and I know this is one recipe that I will be making again very soon!! 

~Cheers!!

Comments